Historians agree that toffee was devised around the 19th century, and in 1825, the Oxford Dictionary listed the word toffee for the first time.
Multiple theories surmise that the treat closest to the toffees we know today would be the delicious English toffee of the 19th century. Back then, the key ingredients for toffee were readily available and affordable, leading to creating the sugary and buttery toffees we have today. However, it doesn't need so much sugar to taste just as delicious. A healthier alternative can change the sugar-laden delicacy into a delightful, healthy toffee.
Our Range Of Delicious Diabetic Toffee
Unfortunately, people living with diabetes have had to sacrifice their sweet tooth due to the detrimental effect of cane sugar on their insulin levels. Nonetheless, the same studies also state that managing carbs and choosing the healthiest option is better than eliminating everything. So, read on to discover what we have in store for you:
- Your first option is our absolute favourite and almost all our customers agree. The Sugar-Free Caramel Toffees with Vitamin D comes in a mix of Butterscotch, Café Caramel, Vanilla Swirl and Chocolate Swirls. They are diabetic friendly (but please check with your doctor before adding to your diet), and they contain 50% DV of Vitamin D.
- The second option is our Premium Sugar-Free Fruit Flavoured Soft Toffees, in Strawberry, Lemon, Blue Raspberry, Green Apple, Banana, Peach and Grape. These toffees are 100% natural and free of nuts, gluten, and soy.
- You can purchase our toffees in three different package sizes. This allows you to store them wherever you spend the most time and avoid other temptations, for instance, one for home and one in the fridge at the office. Just always make sure you keep your toffees away from pets.
Why You Don't Have To Cut Our Diabetic Toffees From Your Diet
Nobody enjoys missing out on their favourite treats, and let's be honest, cutting out sugar is already challenging. So why not replace your cane sugar habits with some heavenly sugar-free toffee? They're tooth-friendly and gluten-free to make sure you don’t feel guilty!
- One of the sweeteners we use is the sugar substitute Xylitol – it contains fewer kilojoules than sugar and has less impact on blood glucose levels since it takes longer to digest.
- As a natural sweetener, you’ll also find Xylitol in certain fruits, vegetables, berries, and other Xylan-rich plant materials.
- Xylitol reduces the possibility of tooth cavities and is safe for children. Including our sugar-free treats in your diet along with regular probiotics may also boost your gut health.
Most of our products also contain erythritol and stevia as a natural replacement for processed sugar.
What You Can Expect From Us
At Daz & Andy's Healthy Lollies, we strive to inspire and inform all parents and kids how liberating sugar-free treats can be. We have a growing appetite for healthy treats and take pride in providing Australia with the best candy.
Order your healthy toffees online today, or contact us via email for any further queries.