Your Commonly Asked Questions, Our Answers
What Makes Your Brand Different To Everyone Else Out There Selling Sugar Free Confectionery?
We are simply genuine in our intent to provide Australians with a healthier sweet treat option. Nothing goes into our online store without our own family or community of Yumologists first trying the product. We want to make sure that no one misses out on a sweet treat so we make sure that all the products we range are of the highest quality and their values also align with ours.
What Dietary Requirements Do You Cater For?
Our intention is that no one has to miss out on a sweet treat, so our range caters for Diabetics, those with allergies, Vegan, Kosher, KETO. The Zolli Candy range is also Halal.
What Allergens Do You Cater For?
- NUT-FREE- All Dr. John’s products are made in a nut-free facility. Zolli Candy range is made in a plant where other nut based products are made. If unsure please avoid.
- GLUTEN-FREE - All of our products are gluten-free
- DAIRY-FREE - All of our lollipops, hard lollies, and gummies are dairy-free. NB: Soft Toffees DO contain dairy - please see ingredients on product pages.
- SOY-FREE - All Dr. John’s products, Gummy Bears and 99% of the Zolli Candy range are soy-free. The Zolli Candy Tropical Flavoured lollipops do contain Soy. As always please see the ingredients on product pages.
- EGG-FREE - All of our products are free of eggs, with the exception of the Dr. John’s Caramel soft toffees, which contain egg albumin.
What Natural Sweeteners Do You Use?
- Xylitol is a sugar-free sweetener that is plant based, low calorie, and will not promote tooth decay. NOTE: Xylitol is dangerous for dogs and can be fatal if consumed by canines.
- Erythritol is a sugar-free sweetener that is plant based, low calorie, and will not promote tooth decay.
- Stevia is a sweetener derived from plants that contains no calories or sugars.
- Isomalt is a sugar substitute made from beets that does not promote tooth decay.
- Maltitol is a sugar substitute that does not promote tooth decay.
Are Your Products Actually Good For My Teeth?
We state that our products do not promote tooth decay - this is true, but how? Well, if you want the scientific answer, Xylitol reduces the levels of something called mutans streptococci (MS) in plaque and saliva by disrupting their energy production processes. Basically, it makes it harder for offending microorganisms to stick to the teeth surface and also reduces their acid production potential.
Xylitol promotes mineralisation by increasing the salivary flow when used as chewing gum or large xylitol pastille. The uniqueness of xylitol is that it is practically nonfermentable by oral bacteria. Also, there is a decrease in levels of MS, as well as the amount of plaque, when there is habitual consumption of xylitol.
In simple terms, the bacteria in your mouth can’t digest the natural plant based sweeteners, unlike sugar which they love!, and so it can’t create acid which is what eats away at your teeth and creates those nasty sore holes.
How Do Many Of The Dr. John’s Products Have a 5 Star Health Rating?
We have verified the Health Star Rating Using the Australian Government’s Health Star Rating Calculator As they do not contain sugar, sodium, or saturated fat and does include fibre, this equates to a 5 Star Health Rating. Not bad for Confectionery!
Do You Offer Discounts For Health and Children Centric Businesses?
We certainly do! We offer a variety of discounts depending on the intended use of the product and the type of business. We offer anywhere between 10% to 20%. Please get in contact if you are a business wanting to sell direct to the public at email@example.com or call us directly at 0450684468.
Do You Wholesale Your Products?
Yes, we certainly do, however we are selective to ensure the business is reputable. Once approved we provide a wholesale price list and instructions on how to order. Please don’t be offended if we decline your request. Our preference is that you are a bricks and mortar business as we sell direct to consumer. Simply head to the ‘WHOLESALE’ page via the main navigation and complete the quick enquiry form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours.
How Do I Make Sure I Don’t Miss Out On Any Special Offers And News?
We don’t want you to miss out either! Simply scroll to the bottom of our websites homepage and subscribe to our community newsletter. BONUS: you’ll also receive a 15% discount code to use on your next order when you sign up. We definitely won’t bombard you with emails!
Can I Buy Your Sugar Free Healthy Lollies Range In A Physical Store?
99.9% of all products are sold via our website - where you are right now. However if you need something urgently, simply contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us directly on 0450684468 and we’ll organise Express post for you at a nominal additional charge.
How Can I Get In Touch With Someone At Healthy Lollies?
We’re proud to be an Australian based small business and that means you can reach us during your time zone. You contact us via email@example.com or call us at 0450684468
Why Is My Discount Code Not Working?
Only one discount offer can be applied at the same time. For example if you are purchasing products that are already on-sale you will not see the ‘enter discount code’ at checkout. This is because your purchase already includes discounted products. Save your discount code for your next order.
My Lollipop Has White Spots On It, Is it Okay To Eat?Like many hard candies, some crystallisation can occur. Crystals look like white spots. It is not mould. They are still safe to eat, and will still be super tasty. However should you have any concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org